Looking for golf book gift ideas? Click on the name the book or the image to buy through Amazon. If you are looking for more advice or additional recommendations, please contact us at our website at the bottom of the post.
1. Following Through: Herbert Warren Wind on Golf by Herbert Warren Wind, in our view the best golf writer ever, with interesting and varied stories. A great general purpose broad ranging golf book covering the Masters, major tournaments, great players and great courses.
2. Ben Hogan’s Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf by Ben Hogan, published 1990. The multiple major champion shares his secrets to the game. Still a classic although published a while back.
3. The Match: The Day the Game of Golf Changed Forever by Mark Frost, published 2009. Frequently the best selling golf book, it chronicles a match between Byron Nelson and Ben Hogan against two amateurs at Cypress Point. A real winner.
4. How to Play the Worlds Most Exclusive Golf Clubs: A Journey through Pine Valley, Royal Melbourne, Augusta, Muirfield, and More
by John Sabino. For the avid golfer that needs a new challenge, published in 2016.
5. Harvey Penick’s Little Red Book: Lessons And Teachings From A Lifetime In Golf by Harvey Penick, published in 2012.
6. Golf Dreams: Writings on Golf. A renowned writer captures better than anyone the life-long struggles of every golfer in their quest to perfect their game. A great story teller.
7. Legendary Golf Clubs of the American East This master work by Anthony Edgeworth & John de St. Jorre feature an insiders look at some of the world’s elite golf courses. Both the photography, the text and the overall qualify of the book are unsurpassed. We also recommend the companion books Legendary Golf Clubs of England, Scotland and Wales and Legendary Golf Clubs of the American Midwest.
8. Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game The best of the instruction books, virtually guaranteed to help the mental side of the game.
9. The Making of the Masters: Clifford Roberts, Augusta National, and Golf’s Most Prestigious Tournament David Owen was granted insider’s access to Augusta and is a great story teller. The ideal gift for the golfer who spends four days in April glued to the TV.
10. How to Play the Worlds Most Exclusive Golf Clubs: A Journey through Pine Valley, Royal Melbourne, Augusta, Muirfield, and More by John Sabino, 2016. A ‘How To’ Guide to gaining access to and playing elite golf couress, including Augusta National.
Please visit our website for more gift ideas and inspiration. We specialize in golf books: