Each quarter we update the list of the top 10 best selling golf books as sold on Amazon. Click on the either the text of the image of the book to buy through Amazon.
Never has the top 10 list included such a heavy tilt toward instruction and game improvement with the first eight of ten books devoted to the subject. As of July 2014:
1. Ben Hogan’s Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf by Ben Hogan, published 1990. Originally published in 1957 and still very relevent today, simple and easy to understand.
2. Fearless Golf: Conquering the Mental Game by Dr. Gio Valiante, published 2005. Focuses on improving the mental game and taking the fear of failure out of your game.
3. Dave Pelz’s Short Game Bible: Master the Finesse Swing and Lower Your Score (Dave Pelz Scoring Game) by Dave Pelz, published 1999. Pelz competed against Jack Nicklaus as an amateur and decided it would be too hard to compete, so went into science instead. The rocket man now flies around on his own private jet he has been so successful at instruction.
4. Harvey Penick’s Little Red Book: Lessons And Teachings From A Lifetime In Golf by Harvey Penick, published in 2012. Widsom for golf and for life from the wee Texan.
5. Golf: How to Consistently Break 90 by Robert Phillips, published in 2013. An admirable goal that almost no golfers achieve consistently.
6. The Frustrated Golfer’s Handbook: 50 Mental Golf Tricks to Get You Back on Course … Fast by Darrin Gee, published 2014. Another one focused on improving the mental side of the game.
7. Golf Flow by Gio Valiente, published 2013. Two books among the most popular with golfers, Gio must be doing something right.
8. Every Shot Counts: Using the Revolutionary Strokes Gained Approach to Improve Your Golf Performance and Strategy by Mark Broadie, published in 2014. Broadie is a professor at Columbia Business School.
9. Arnie, Seve, and a Fleck of Golf History: Heroes, Underdogs, Courses, and Championships by Bill Fields, published in 2014.
10. The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods by Hank Haney, published in 2013. An insider’s look at Tiger’s personality if it is even possible.
Website of Valuable Book Group, specialists in golf books.